WITH the MLB fantasy season nearly into single digit days every roster move from here on out is pivotal. With teams locking up playoff spots and wildcard races alive and well the heat is definitely increasing and there is already plenty of NFL fantasy news to be talked about too. Next week I’ll offer a quick insight into the upcoming NBA fantasy season as well but for now, lets dig into football.
IF you like what you read be sure to check out more SportsbyFry articles by hitting this link. Make sure you keep up to date with the latest Fantasy articles and follow our fan pages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to never miss a minute of the action!
*All fantasy stats and numbers are based on ESPN format fantasy leagues.
- TOM Brady (Patriots, QB) bounced back against the Saints to top score (30.8) for Week 2. Michael Crabtree (Raiders, WR) caught three touchdowns with his 26 points pacing all wide receivers and C.J. Anderson’s (Broncos, RB) 27.4 were the most amongst running backs.
- SEVEN players were added by over 20% of coaches with their killer games last weekend. Led by J.J. Nelson (Cardinals, WR) who was named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week with 120 receiving yards other
- AFTER huge games in the first week of the season Austin Hooper (Falcons, TE), Kenny Golladay (Lions, WR) and the Rams D/ST all failed to back up their performances and as a result, they were the top three non-injury drops by fantasy owners.
- TODD Gurley dominated On the Thursday Night Football stage with three total touchdowns in the Rams high-scoring win over the 49ers. Gurley (32.9) had 149 total yards while his opposing number Carlos Hyde (21.4 points, 84 rushing yards and two touchdowns) tried his hardest in the 41-39 loss.
INJURY NEWS – A broken foot means that Greg Olsen (Panthers, TE) is IR bound and will miss a significant chunk of the season. An injury cloud is still hovering over Sam Bradford (Vikings QB) who missed last weeks game against the Steelers, so be sure to monitor his status closer to kickoff. Two Corey’s (Davis and Coleman) are battling injury as well at the moment. The Titan and Browns wideouts are respectively out with a hamstring and broken hand and seem due for at least a month on the sidelines. Danny Woodhead (Ravens, RB) will be on the IR for eight weeks as well with a hamstring injury.
Image from sportsnet.ca
- A pair of White Sox batters find themselves the most added fantasy baseballers after the last seven days. Tim Anderson (SS) and Yoan Moncada (3B) have been raking up hits like it’s going out of fashion, contributing to most of the other major stat categories in the meantime. Tyler Anderson’s (Rockies, SP) hot arm has seen him become the most added pitcher, with over 15% of owners taking the plunge.
- A large list of pitchers find themselves dumped this week. This list includes the likes of Lance McCullers Jr (Astros, SP), Doug Fister (Red Sox, SP) and Andrew Cashner (Rangers, SP) with Starling Marte (Pirates, OF) earning the unwanted tag as the most dropped batter.
- AARON Judge seems back to his ball crushing best and it couldn’t come at a better time for his owners. Judge became the first rookie with 45 homers, 100 RBI’s and 100 runs scored as his play elevated in the last week. He scored a run in every game the Yankees played in while hitting four homers and 11 RBI’s.
Image from elitesportsny.com
INJURY NEWS – BALTIMORE Orioles pitcher Zach Britton is likely done for the season as he requires knee treatment and Michael Brantley (Indians, OF) postseason ambitions have take a hit with his latest ankle setback. Jimmy Nelson (Brewers, SP) is expected to miss some of the 2018 season with his busted should as well and Justin Turner (Dodgers, 3B) was forced to leave early on Thursday after being hit in the hand by a pitch.