ANOTHER Friday means another week of let down’s at team selection night in the AFL. With popular names such Jake Kelly, Michael Barlow, Aaron Hall and Toby Nankervis all potentially missing, it’s time to batten down the hatches in order to just field 22! Plenty of big names in the MLB are under injury clouds as well, with plenty of other movers and shakers dominating the past 168 hours.
IF you like what you read be sure to check out more SportsbyFry articles by hitting this link. Make sure you keep up to date with the latest Fantasy articles and follow our fan pages on Facebook and Twitter and Instagram to never miss a minute of the action!
- BRYCE Gibbs was the star of Round 13 after his herculean 194 points, which included 43 touches, 10 tackles, seven clearances and two crucial last quarter goals. Dayne Zorko (157) and Sam Docherty (143) continued to punish non owners too.
Image from heraldsun.com.au
- BELIEVE it or not Tom Rockliff may be human after all. The Fantasy Pig struggled mightily en route to just 74 points last weekend. He wasn’t alone with teammate Stef Martin (69), Joel Selwood (45) and Jack Steven (65) all dishing up stinkers too.
- NO more weeks of ‘best 18’ and players resting as we round the corner for the second half of the season. Now that the byes are over things are meant to be easier, yet we are met with more questions and concerns than we have answers. Remember to trade smart, axing guys who are out for extended periods of time and bringing in players who will benefit you in the long term.
INJURY NEWS – AS mentioned above Jake Kelly is the biggest omission from the weekend’s teams after a hip injury grounded the Giant. Toby Nankervis has supposedly been battling a cork but was name in the Sunday teams with Ivan Maric listed ont he bench as a precaution. Scott Selwood has seemingly overcome a hamstring strain as well and will suit up against the Dockers, but monitor his status closer to bouncedown.
Barlow > Sheed
Pruess > Darcy
- IN my latest Sunday Picks I claimed that Tampa Bay Rays pitcher Jacob Faria (+43.9% ownership) would cop his first L of his career and fail to take care of the Tigers. Fast forward five days and not only did he prove me wrong, he is the most added player over the past week. Orioles DH Trey Mancini (+33%) and Braves 1B Matt Adams (+19.1%) are other popular options, but beware Adams only has value whole regular first baseman Freddie Freeman is sidelined.
Image from fanragsports.com
- BUD Norris has proved to be a popular source of saves with the Angels so far this season, however the LA closer is currently on the DL. Battling knee inflammation means that Cam Bedrosian has stepped into the role, although he hasn’t yet earned a save for the Halos. Bedrosian has pitched 7.2 innings without allowing a run so watch this space to see who emerges as the permanent closer for the Angels.
INJURY NEWS – YANKEES closer Aroldis Champman is off the DL and back on the mound. Proceed with caution though as age may play a factor on his success moving forwards. Mike Trout back is back with the team as he revoers from a thumb injury and Lance McCullehas is also back with the Astros. Dallas Keuchel continues struggling eith his neck issue, while Charlie Morton resume duties back in bullpen, A.J. Pollock and Jean Segura are returning via the Triple A.