ANOTHER week, another batch of injuries. It can be a cruel, cruel world sometimes and fantasy owners found that out first hand in the last week as All-Sta after All-Star suffered lengthy injuries that will change the landscape of the fantasy world. Oh yeah, and Blake Griffin got traded. What a week.
IF you like what you read be sure to check out more SportsbyFry articles by hitting this link. Make sure you keep up to date with the latest Fantasy articles and follow my fan pages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to never miss a minute of the action!
*All fantasy stats and numbers are based on ESPN format fantasy leagues.
HEADLINES THAT MATTER
- CLIPPER after Clipper had been mentioned in trade rumours, but not the illustrious Blake Griffin (Pistons, PF). Well on Monday the NBA world was flipped on its head when Griffin joined the Detroit Pistons. In exchange, Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley and Boban Marjanovic found themselves new LA residents. Both Griffin and Harris should be expected to keep up their production with both perhaps even boosting their output slightly.
Image from detroitbadboys.com
- WHILE Nikola Mirotic isn’t as relevant as Blake Griffin he was still making headlines after he was traded to the Pelicans. NOLA strengthened their frontcourt after an injury to Boogie (more from him later) with Mirotic while the Bulls gained Tony Allen, Omer Asik, Jameer Nelson and the Pels 2018 1st rounder as a result.
- DAMIAN Lillard got the All-Star nod, but C.J. McCollum is the one making waves. The Blazers guard went NUTS on Wednesday scoring a career-high 50 points in just 29 minutes. Woah.
MUST ADD/MUST DROP
MUST ADD – Markeiff Morris, Washington Wizards, PF
WITH John Wall put it was clear someone would have to pick up the slack. Recently that someone has been Morris. Averaging over 18 points a game in the last week, Morris is clearly going to be leaned on while the Wizards struggle without Wall. It might be a short time, but while he’s on fire ride it!
Other candidates: Jabari Parker (Bucks, SF/PF, 57.0%) & Ed Davis (Blazers, PF/C, 23.2%)
Image from bulletsforever.com
MUST DROP – Bismack Biyombo, Orlando Magic, C
IT was fun while it lasted. Biyombo reminded us that he isn’t a stud by throwing up 7.7 points a game after throwing up consecutive double-doubles in the middle of the month. Vucevic is still a bit away from returning but Biyombo isn’t worth owning, trust me, I’ve been there.
Other candidates: Bogdan Bogdanovic (Kings, SG/SF, 18.3%) & Rajon Rondo (Pelicans, PG, 44.3%)
- WHERE do I start. DeMarcus Cousins and Mike Conley are done for the year. Cousins tore his Achilles against the Rockets last week and Conley who has been out for most of the year already is having surgery on his left heel.
- BUT wait, there’s more. Kevin Love, John Wall and Malcolm Brogdon are all facing 6-8 weeks on the sidelines. Love (hand), Wall (knee) and Brogdon (quad) will all miss big chunks for their squads who are deep in the race for Eastern Conference playoff spots.
- AS trade talks intensify expect to see those tied in heavy rumours to be shown the pine. Tyreke Evans is the most notable name to sit courtside for the duration of a game and I’m sure there will be more that follow. That makes day-to-day fantasy super importnat pushing forwards until we pass the trade deadline.