NO more AFL, MLB playoffs and the beginning of the NFL fantasy season. The fantasy year is alive and well. Be sure to catch up on the happenings from week 4 of preseason action in NFL, while I summarise AFL fantasy grand final day.
IF you like what you read be sure to check out more SportsbyFry articles by hitting this link. Make sure you keep up to date with the latest Fantasy articles and follow our fan pages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to never miss a minute of the action!
- THE form of Jorge Polanco (Twins, SS) has seen him become one of the most added players this week. The Minnesota shortstop had a two homer game against the White Sox a few days ago amid his six game hitting streak.
Image from fanragsports.com
- BACK to back 10 K performances has seen Luke Weaver’s ownership skyrocket. The Cards righty is now nearly in half of the teams in the league and if his performance is any indication then he will continue to be snapped up.
- J.A. Happ (Blue Jays, SP) and Chad Bettis’ (Rockies, SP) form have seen them become the two most non injured players dropped last week. Manny Pina (Brewers, C) garners the unlucky label as the most dumped batter after going just 1/5 this week.
INJURY NEWS – GREAT news for Dodgers fans with Clayton Kershaw (Dodgers, SP) scheduled to make a start tomorrow against the Padres after over a month’s layoff. Jon Lester (Cubs, SP) and Alex Wood (Dodgers, SP) still find themselves on the DL along with the likes of Carlos Correa (Astors, OF) and Bryce Harper (Nationals, OF).
- THAT 150 from Crouch was the second highest score of the round. His brother Brad (133) and teammates Rory Sloane (149) also delivered. The ‘Big 3’ Zach Merrett (144), Patrick Dangerfield (114) and Tom Mitchell (120) all delivered while Lance Franklin’s 10 goal haul saw him score a Round 23 high 171 points.
Image from adelaidenow.com.au
- HEENEY (64), Dahlhaus (66), Beams (76) and Docherty (66) all failed to fire in the Grand Final for fantasy coaches and it may have coached some a premiership. The first two haven’t exactly been on fire lately, but the latter pair had been dominating as of late.
- GAME, set, match. The season is done and dusted. Congrats to all those coaches who were able to claim premiership victory and condolences to those who couldn’t. Season 2018 is shaping up to be another one full of incredible highs and agonizing lows, but I’m sure we will all sign up on day one for another year of fantasy action!
A season to forget in 2017. I’m somewhat glad that I was able to play Hodgey (47) in his final game, but I would have much rathered my pre conceived plan of bringing in Matt Crouch (150). That kind of choice sums up my season perfectly unfortunately, but I’m sure I’ll be one of the first to sign up on day one of 2018 as my redemption quest resumes.
- WITH Week 4 of the preseason complete there is no more football left before the start of the regular season. With Julian Edelman’s ACL injury both Shawn Hogan and Danny Amendola find themselves as the most added players in NFL ESPN fantasy leagues.
- JOE Flacco (Ravens, QB) and Jay Cutler (Dolphins, QB) find themselves as two of the quarterbacks who’s ownership is spiking. Both haven’t taken too many snaps in the preseason, but come kick off are expected to see most of the time under center. They are two great underpriced options potentially worth investing in.
INJURY NEWS – AS mentioned above and ACL tear of Edelman (Patriots, WR) means he is out for the year with the Bears target Cameron Meredith (Bears, WR) also out of action for the year. Owners of Spencer Ware (Chiefs, WR) may also want to invest in another back after his knee injury likely to rule him out for the entire season as well.