FANTASY Friday provides you with the latest fantasy news for your league from the past seven days. Check back weekly to make sure you get a leg up over your peers with my guide to fantasy glory. All stats and opinions are based on ESPN fantasy league formats.
– THE Denver Nuggets guard/wing rotation continues to be a revolving door with the likes of Chandler, Barton, Mudiay and Murray all plagued by inconsistencies so far. Will Barton is the pick of the bunch if you have to choose one though.
– I touched on the Grizzlies backcourt fill-ins last week and while Troy Daniels has lit up the scoring column recently, he isn’t worth investing in due to the fact that he can’t contribute in any other categories.
– PERSONALLY I’m a firm believer that Ryan Anderson is going to be a great contributor for the Rockets this year. He seems to have shaken off his early season shooting woes and could be Houston’s #2 option going forward.
– EVERYONE has been raving about the play of Harden, Westbrook and Davis, but Giannis Antetokounmpo may be the best performer this season so far. The ‘Greek Freak’ turned 22 earlier this week and is leading the Bucks in scoring, rebound, assists, steals and blocks.
INJURY NEWS – Dirk is sidelined indefinitely with and achilles issue and Seth Curry and Andrew Bogut both also remain out for an extended period of time for the Mavs. Nerlens Noel is back with the 76ers. He could make his debut as early as this weekend, but monitor his slow progression as he works his way back into the lineup. Nick Young, T.J. Warren and George Hill are all close to returning too.
Image from jp2hs.org
– SPEAKING from the experience of having him on the roster, trust me when I say you should stay away from Devontae Booker. I don’t trust the Broncos offense one iota to be capable enough of helping Booker find the end zone with regularity and their O-lines ability to assist the running game is average at best.
– GOLDEN Tate has continued his resurgence as the Lions make an unexpected push for the playoffs. His ability for big time plays means he is worthy of a start this week against the Bears, even if Marvin Jones returns and takes some of his targets away.
– KIRK Cousins continues to light it up and should get prime target Jordan Reed back this week. If so Cousins could be in for a big day against a struggling Eagles defense.
– IF you are in need of a quarterback for one week then the Cleveland Browns may have your answer. Just let that sink in for a second. OK maybe two seconds. RG3 is scheduled to return from injury and coming up against a Bengals team that has struggled this may be their only chance to get a win in the 2016 season.
– DESPITE Ladarius Green’s two TD performance against the Giants, I’m not yet convinced he’s worthy of starting against a tricky Buffalo team. That being said if he is a free agent on your waiver wire, he may be worth stashing on the pine.
INJURY NEWS – A.J. Green has been deemed week-to-week after three weeks off, if he plays, start him. Steer clear of the Jaguars offense, Julius Thomas may miss the rest of the year and Chris Ivory is considered questionable. Monitor Julio Jones as he missed Wednesday’s training session and may miss the game against the Rams.